Distinguished Design Engineer
- Work with architecture, physical design, and design teams to lead the implementation of the digital architecture.
- Develop and refine specification of the micro-architecture for the digital architecture.
- Analyze performance, power and area tradeoffs, and make implementation choices.
- Work with Architecture and Design teams to ensure micro-architecture and design is fully verified/validated across multiple platforms.
- Implement, verify, and validate the design an FPGA platform.
- Once validated, lead the efforts to design and verify the design in silicon.
- Is in tune with industry trends and contributes to consistent roadmap decisions.
Ph.D or Masters in electrical or computer engineering
- 10+ years of experience in the area of high speed SERDES design and RTL design and verification of silicon
- 10+ years of experience with FPGA architecture specification and design (Altera or Xilinix) for high-speed serial protocols, including USB-SS, PCIe, SATA/SAS, Displayport
- Experience in leading, specifying, developing, verifying, and productizing SERDES, CDR, and PLL/DLL designs
- Experience with USB 3.0, DisplayPort, PCIe, or SATA based silicon designs
- Strong background in analog/mixed-signal integrated circuit design
- Strong Hardware design knowledge and familiarity with high speed PCB layout, signal integrity, EMC/EMI
- Strong foundation in SoC architecture, design, verification and physical implementation
- Strong analytical problem solving, and attention to details
- Knowledge of wireless, mobile, and storage domains
- Expertise in Verilog/System Verilog, C/C++/SystemC, UVM, Scripting languages like Perl/Python, etc.
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, self-starter
- Experience in startup environments